S8080 have a job opening for another Drupal Themer and site builder. It’s a great opportunity for a Drupal guru who has an excellent knowledge of CSS, JQUERY and HTML 5 and wants to work in our highly experienced Drupal team and expanding team on some really big sites. But it is essential that you have lots of commercial Drupal theming experience too!
Job role / description Salary: Very competitive. Depends on level of commercial experience
Date of issue: 25-03-14
Vacancy: Immediate new role due to expansion – again!
We are looking to expand our ever growing and highly skilled Drupal web development team again and we would love to hear from you if the following brief description sounds about right for you? This is a permanent and full-time position in one of the country’s top agencies. Salary is very competitive and you’ll be working out of SA1 in Swansea. This is an excellent opportunity to work on some very high profile websites for some great clients (No10, Dept. of Energy and Climate Change, National Assembly for Wales – take a look at the ‘Our Work’ section of our site). You’ll be part of a very talented and busy team working in a modern environment with all the benefits you’d expect working for a company like S8080.
We are looking for you if…
You are a talented and commercially experienced coder who loves everything about the web. You are always looking for ways to do things faster and better. You are always learning new things. You embrace a real challenge and are happiest when you are solving problems that baffle others. You are the ‘go to’ person in your social circle for everything web related. At work you enjoy being surrounded by smart, like-minded people who you’ll learn from and who will want to learn from you. You’ll love it here. Join us and work on stuff that really matters.
Essential skills and experience
3-5 years’ experience web site build and theming with Drupal REQUIRED. You will need to demonstrate that you have had commercial level Drupal experience working on large projects which include:
- Drupal Multi sites
- Multilingual Drupal sites using the I18n module
- Workflow and permissions especially with the Workbench module
- Build of custom modules
- High-quality and well-organised Drupal themes with special attention paid to cross-browser testing, and standards compliance
- Bespoke jQuery development, as well as making use of the jQuery UI library and other jQuery plugins
- Creating custom Node templates to re-write the markup of a node
- Creating custom View templates to re-write the markup of a view
- Experience in writing custom modules to handle pre-processing of variables, and other functions relating to theming the markup.
- Experience of using Views to create complex views using relationships
- Experience using the Panels module to build pages of nodes, views and blocks
- Experience of using the Rules module
- Using theme functions
- Creating Drupal sub-themes
- Creating theme regions
- Creating Drupal content types such as slideshows and carousels with bespoke jQuery functionality to drive the interactivity
- Creating bespoke interactive elements using jQuery for applications such as custom galleries, quizzes or custom applications
- Extensive experience producing standards-compliant and cross-browser tested CSS inside a Drupal theme. Experience of using SASS is highly desirable
- Slicing the graphic assets for the theme from a Photoshop file
- Building fully-responsive websites in Drupal
- Experience of developing a site with HTML5
- Building and testing website build to accessibility standards WAI AA, and web standards
Desirable skills and experience
If you have the following skills and experience then this will be a distinct advantage:
- MODULES –Drupal custom module development, key contributed modules, theming and core API, programming of modules a distinct advantage with of creating and modifying Drupal modules and Drupal API, writing Drupal modules.
- PHP - Commercial PHP coding experience on a large project such as an Open source CMS; including understanding and use of AJAX, JSON, XML, Web services and other web technologies is required. - Experience of importing JSON or XML data - Use of web services to input and display data - Running MySQL commands from PHP
- MAINTENANCE - Proficient in the maintenance and administration of Drupal modules and sites.
- SECURITY & PERFORMANCE - Exposure to security and hardening best practice for Drupal websites (primarily Drupal CMS / web application, to a lesser extent familiar with hardening the LAMP stack). We expect you to be able to demonstrate performance enhancements in Drupal / PHP and Unix environment. - Experience of configuring Memcache, Varnish and APC to achieve optimum caching performance on a site - Configuring the PHP, MySQL and Apache config files to achieve optimum performance - Updating the Drupal core and contributed modules using Drush - Use of the Backup and migrate module to provide regular database backups
- UNIX/ APACHE / LAMP - Practical knowledge and LAMP experience, comfortable with Unix Admin commands e.g. setting permissions. So you’ll have a PC to work on but be expected to run Unix commands on a daily basis. - Experience of contributing to the Drupal core and contributed modules. - Active participation in the Drupal.org issue queues - Demonstrable participation in the Drupal.org forums or on drupal.stackexchange.com - Using Drush to build Drupal sites, install/update modules - Importing data into Drupal from XML/JSON - Experience of deployment of a site from a staging to live environment - Desirable: Using Drush to synchronise and deploy sites
Feel free to get in touch if you would like more details, or just send your CV for the attention of Matt to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.
No agencies at all. Thank you.