When we were approached by Wales Audit Office to redevelop their website and publications system moving it from a legacy enterprise CMS to Drupal we were really excited. The Wales Audit Office team had already used Drupal for other smaller projects and wanted us to solve some complex problems around bilingualism, authentication and publication work flow along with improving the usability and look and feel of the site.
We’d already worked with the Audit Commission on a number of occasions so understood some of the complexities...
What we did to help (the short version):
- UX advice on persona development and workshops followed by detailed information architecture and wire frames
- Creative design with a focus on a responsive / adaptive layout for mobiles
- Creative briefing workshops
- Drupal CMS setup and template integration, technical installation and module development to web and accessibility standards
- Document management system including complex workflow, publishing, archiving, permissions and notifications
- Authentication and security
- Development of publications library, tagging, filtering and promoting most popular and featured publications
- News and events system along with a good practice area acting as a hub for the sharing of best practice in public sector organisations
- Lots more technical Drupal development and integration of third party systems
- Hosting specification and assistance in the setup and configuration
- And of course making the website, Drupal and the modules work bilingually
- All wrapped up with lots of project management, an agile approach to the project, testing, QA and support
Take a peek: Wales Audit Office
Thanks so much for the session yesterday. It was excellent. Given your encylopaedic knowledge, experience and great enthusiasm you’ve certainly inspired us and armed us with better information to move on and do more and better things with Drupal.Matthew Jubb - Head of ICT – Wales Audit Office
Read enough? get in touch
If you would like to chat about how S8080 could help you design and develop your web site, contact us or email firstname.lastname@example.org.