When we were approached by the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists to redevelop their website, online shop and integrate into their back office members and CRM system Integra we were very excited.
This was because we’ve worked with a number of Royal Colleges so we already understood some of the challenges and needs of the organisation and their users…
What we did to help (the short version):
- UX including stakeholder and user workshops, Personas, detailed information architecture and wire frames focusing on refining of information architecture, content and providing a consolidated and improved user experience
- Creative design with a focus on a responsive / adaptive layout for mobiles and iPads
- Creative briefing workshops
- EpiServer .NET CMS and EpiServer Commerce setup and template integration, technical installation and bespoke development to web and accessibility standards
- To enhance the usability we created a suite of reusable web blocks, which bring in different functionality like news feeds, Google Maps, profile boxes and document downloads. All blocks were customised to be bootstrap friendly
- Integration and synchronisation with Integra CRM and members system
- Document management system including complex workflow, publishing, archiving, permissions and notifications
- Authentication and security
- Development and integration of single sign on and linking to legacy web systems
- Member registration functionality including personalisation and adaptability
- Online booking of events, exams and training and the payments and e-commerce integration, including links into legacy systems. By combining Episerver Commerce with Advanced NFP Integra API we enable RCOG members to book their courses and exams, with payments handled via SagePay.
- Advertising onsite to promote features of the College and partners
- Member’s area – a secure area for Members to make payments, update their details and to access downloadable material for past or upcoming events.
- Development of publications library with tagging and filtering for the Guidelines Database – A searchable database of RCOG guidelines for Members
- Patient information leaflets – a searchable database of patient leaflets for the general public
- News application – a searchable and categorised news area for displaying all RCOG news
- Blog application – a searchable and categorised blog containing articles written by key RCOG personnel
- Lots more technical .NET development and integration of third party systems
- Hosting specification and assistance in the setup and configuration
- As always the project was wrapped up with lots of friendly project management, an agile approach to the project, testing, QA and support
Take a look: Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists
I'm really happy with the new site – we've already had a few comments about how great the site looks and how much more logically the content's been organised, which is good to hear.Claire Dunn - Director, Journals and E-publishing. Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG)
Read enough? get in touch
If you would like to chat about how S8080 could help you design and develop your web site, contact us or email firstname.lastname@example.org.